First, you need to find the IP of your router. Please use the appropriate method below and note down the IP of your router.
Find Router IP on Windows
- Open up the program command prompt
- Type “ipconfig” without the quotes and press enter
- The IP address from default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router
Find Router IP on OS X
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Network
- Click Advanced
- Go to TCP/IP – here you will see the routers IP
Change the DNS on the Xiaomi Mi Box
- Go to Settings
- Select Network & Internet
- Go to IP Settings and select Static
- Change the following:
- IP address: Enter the first three groups of numbers exactly the same as the IP address of your router. As an example, if your router IP is 192.168.1.1, then use the IP address 192.168.1.67 or something to that nature. The important part is to change the last digit so you get an IP from the same IP range as the router.
- Gateway: Enter the IP of your router
- Network Proxy Length: 24
- DNS 1: 18.104.22.168
- DNS 2: 22.214.171.124
- Save and restart the device
The first troubleshooting step should always be to restart the device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.