Find your username and password for a manual VPN setup
To set up BulletVPN manually on your router, you will first need to obtain your BulletVPN credentials (i.e., username and password) for the manual configuration.
- The Username is the email address that you used to create your BulletVPN account.
- The VPN password for manual setups is not the same as the password for apps and the account. You can find it in the client area in the top-left green box next to VPN Pass. Click Show to view it.
Note: Please have your Username and VPN password ready, as you will be asked to enter them later in the setup process.
Configure your Raspbian Pi
- Open Terminal and install OpenVPN client by using these commands :
sudo apt-get install openvpn
- Download OpenVPN configuration files from BulletVPN:
wget https://www.bulletvpn.com/account/download/BulletVPN-OpenVPN-Linux.zip ~/Downloads/
- Unzip the downloaded file:
unzip ~/Downloads/BulletVPN-OpenVPN-Linux.zip -d ~/Downloads/bulletvpn-configs
- Open the pass.text file to edit your BulletVPN credentials. Replace the placeholders with your VPN Username and VPN password you found above in the same order.
- Press to save
ctrl + sPress to exit
ctrl + x
- Open the BulletVPN configs file
- Connect to the VPN server,
sudo openvpn --config ~/Downloads/bulletvpn-configs/bulletVPN-US-Chicago-chi01-tcp.ovpn --daemon
- Now confirm you are connected (you should see your IP has changed):
- To disconnect the VPN connection, use the following:
sudo killall openvpn