Find your username and password for a manual VPN setup
In order to set up BulletVPN manually on your router, you will first need to obtain your BulletVPN credentials (i.e. username and password) for the manual configuration.
- The Username is the email address that you used to create your BulletVPN account.
- The VPN password for manual setups is not the same as the password for apps and the account. You can find it in the client area in the top-left green box next to VPN Pass. Click Show to view it.
Note: Please have your Username and VPN password ready, as you will be asked to enter them later in the setup process.
- Open Terminal and install OpenVPN client by using these commands :
apt-get install openvpn
- Download OpenVPN configuration files from BulletVPN:
wget https://www.bulletvpn.com/account/download/BulletVPN-OpenVPN-Linux.zip ~/Downloads/
- Unzip the downloaded file:
- Example connecting to "US - Chicago" server with TCP protocol:
openvpn --config ~/Downloads/bulletVPN-US-Chicago-chi01-tcp.ovpn
- Enter Auth Username: Your account email address
- Enter Password: Use the VPN password you found above
- Now confirm you are connected (you should see your IP has changed):
curl -s ifconfig.so