Find your username and password for a manual VPN setup
- The Username is the email address that you used to create your BulletVPN account.
- The VPN password for manual setups is not the same as the password for apps and the account. You can find it in the client area in the top-left green box next to "VPN Pass." Click Show to view it.
Note: Please have your Username and VPN password ready, as you will be asked to enter them later in the setup process.
Find the VPN server address
In order to find the server address that you wish to use, please click here: Servers List.
Once you are on the servers list page, locate the VPN server address under Server Name.
Configure your TP-Link router
Note: If the TP-Link router is also acting as the modem, then you will not be able to establish a VPN connection. The router can't dial your internet connection at the same time as the VPN. You will need another device to act as the modem and have the TP-Link router connect to that.
The VPN connection is tunneled using the L2TP protocol. You still need the connection from the ISP though for it to work. It would be something like this: ISP > Router > VPN Connection > Destination sites/services.
- Launch your web browser
- Input your router's local IP address in the address bar. (It is usually 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.254)
- Input your router's login credentials when prompted
- Click on WAN under Network, in your left menu.
- On the WAN page, fill out the following details:
- WAN Connection Type: L2TP
- User Name: Your account email address
- Password: Copy the VPN password you found above
- Confirm Password: Input the VPN password you found above again.
- Username: Your account email address
- Server IP Address/Name: Copy the VPN server address you found above
- MTU Size: 1460
- Max Idle Time: 0
- Connection Mode: Connect Manually
- Click Connect, your router will now start the VPN connection.
Note: You will need to wait for the connection to be completed. After hitting “Connect,” scroll down and check that the IP Address does NOT display 0.0.0.0. You will only be able to access the internet when the field is not showing 0.0.0.0.
- You can now click Save to save all settings.
Disconnect from the VPN server
You can click on Disconnect to stop using the VPN server