Find your username and password for a manual VPN setup
- The Username is the email address that you used to create your BulletVPN account.
- The VPN password for manual setups is not the same as the password for apps and the account. You can find it in the client area in the top-left green box next to "VPN Pass". Click Show to view it.
Note: Please have your Username and VPN password ready, as you will be asked to enter them later in the setup process.
Find the VPN server address
In order to find the server address that you wish to use, please click here: Servers List
Once you are on the servers list page, locate the VPN server address under Server Name.
Configure your Mac OS
1. Click on "System Preferences" then click on "Network"
2. Press "+" to add a new VPN Profile
3. Choose "VPN" for "Interface" – "L2TP over IPSec" for "VPN Type" - Name your VPN (Example: BulletVPN)
4. Insert the following info:
- Server Address: Copy the VPN server address you chose above
- Account Name: Your account email address
- Then Click on Authentication Settings
5. Enter your "VPN password" provided by BulletVPN
- Password: Copy the VPN password you found above
- Shared Secret: bulletvpn
6. Click on "Advanced" and do the following:
- Check Send all traffic over VPN connection
- The first two are optional
- Click on OK
7. Click on "Apply", then click "Connect"
Note: Do not forget to check Show VPN status in the menu bar
Or click on the VPN icon in the menu bar and choose "Connect BulletVPN"
8. To disconnect the VPN connection, click on "Disconnect" from VPN settings
Or click on the VPN icon in the menu bar and choose "Disconnect BulletVPN"