BulletVPN is one of the few VPN services that are natively compatible with the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can find the BulletVPN app on the Amazon App Store. Follow the instructions below to install BulletVPN on FireStick.
Note: There are two generations of the FireTV Stick. First-generation devices do not work with VPN applications, whereas Second generation devices do. To find out which generation you have, you can check the FCC-ID written on the back of the device itself against the following:
- First Generation: 2ABDU-0509
- Second Generation: 2AE6S-0948
If you have a first-generation FireTV Stick, you will not be able to use our VPN app on it. Alternatively, you can do the following:
1. You could try using our Smart DNS option to unblock various supported streaming channels on your FireTV Stick. For more information on how to set it up, please check this guide.
2. To use a VPN connection on your Amazon Fire TV, you have two options.
- Set up a VPN-enabled virtual router on your Windows PC or Mac. Please use these tutorials:
- Alternatively, you can set up a VPN on your router if it is VPN-compatible. Please refer to the Routers section in the support area.
1. First, launch your FireStick and select 'Apps.'
2. From there, choose 'Categories.'
3. Next, click on 'Utility.'
4. Scroll down and select 'BulletVPN.'
5. Then click 'Get.'
6. Finally, select 'Download.'
7. Once the BulletVPN app has finished downloading and installing, click on 'Open.'
8. Sign in using your BulletVPN account credentials.
9. Choose the VPN server you wish to connect to.
10. Click on 'Connect.'
11. A 'Connection Request' pop-up window will appear. Click 'OK.'
12. Wait until the VPN connection has been established.
13. Now, simply hit the home button on your Amazon Fire TV remote control.
How to Setup BulletVPN on Fire TV Stick - Alternative Method
You can also use the following instructions to install the BulletVPN app on your Amazon Fire TV or FireStick.
- On your Fire TV, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Device’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from Unknown Sources.’
- From the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, go to ‘Search.’
- Type ‘Downloader’.
- Click on the Downloader app icon to download and install it.
- Launch the Downloader app.
- In the Downloader app main menu, enter the following URL: https://www.bulletvpn.com/firetv.
- Click ‘Go.’
- The BulletVPN installation file will now begin to download.
- Once the BulletVPN app download process is complete, install it on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Click on ‘Open’ to Launch the BulletVPN app.
- Sign in and connect to a VPN server of your choice.
- Press the Home button on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick remote and keep the BulletVPN app running in the background.
To pin the BulletVPN app to your Fire TV home screen, follow these steps.
- On your Fire TV home screen, scroll down to ‘Your Apps & Games’.
- Now scroll left and select ‘See All.’
- Locate the BulletVPN app and press on the button with 3 horizontal lines on your Fire TV remote.
- Click on ‘Move to front.’
- Go back to your Fire TV home screen.