Since the 5.4 firmware update, it's also needed to block access to 184.108.40.206 from the router. Please see these guides.
Because the Roku box does not allow you to change DNS directly on the box, you will have to change DNS on your router. Please complete this step first and make sure you get 3 green checkmarks in the *account home*.
How to get US Channels on Your Roku
- Ensure the DNS is configured correctly in your SmartDNS dashboard before you start, or the following process will fail.
- Disconnect your Roku from the Internet.
- Create an American Roku account.
- Reset your Roku by following this guide.
- Reconnect the Roku to the network.
- Start the Roku and connect it to your new account.
- You will now be able to get US channels on your Roku.
The first step of troubleshooting should always be to restart the device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.