- Open the Control Panel by clicking on the Start button.
- Then click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Manage network connections.
- Depending on how your computer is connected to the Internet, click either Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection if connected via Wi-Fi.
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- In the General tab, click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the DNS servers in the spaces provided: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Restart your computer.
The first step of troubleshooting should always be to restart the device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.