- Open the Control Panel by clicking on the Start button
- Then click on Network and Internet
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Manage network connections
- Depending on how your computer is connected to the Internet click either Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection if you are connected via Wi-Fi
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- In the General tab click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the DNS servers in the spaces provided: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Restart your computer
First step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.