First, you need to find the IP of your router. Please use the appropriate method below and note down the IP of your router.
Find Router IP on Windows
- Open up the program command prompt.
- Type “ipconfig” without the quotes and press enter
- The IP address from the default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router.
Find Router IP on OS X
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Network
- Click Advanced
- Go to TCP/IP – here, you will see the routers IP
Change the DNS on the Amazon Fire TV (Wireless)
- Go to settings
2. Select Network
3. Select WI-FI
4. Select your WI-FI network and forget the WI-FI network by Pressing the button with 3 lines.
5. Press the select button.
6. Select your WI-FI network.
7. Enter your WI-FI password and Click on advanced
8. Enter the first three groups of numbers exactly the same as your router's IP address. For example, if your router IP is 192.168.0.1, then use the IP address 192.168.0.7 or something to that nature. The important part is to change the last digit to get an IP from the same IP range as the router.
9. For the Default gateway, enter the IP of your router
10. Input 24 for the Network Prefix Length and Click Next
11. Enter 188.8.131.52 for DNS 1
12. Enter 184.108.40.206 for DNS 2
Change the DNS on the Amazon Fire TV (Wired)
- Go to Settings
- Select System
- Select Network (wired)
- Select Configure Network
- Enter a valid IP from your home network. Find the IP of your router in the guides above.
- Set prefix length to 24. Press Next.
- Set the gateway to the router IP (You can find the correct gateway by following the guides above). Press Next.
- Set DNS 1 to 220.127.116.11 Press Next.
- Set DNS 2 to 18.104.22.168 Press Next.
Other Things You Need
- Make sure you have a 1-click US address in your Amazon account.
- On Amazon.com, go to Your Account > Manage Your Content and Devices > Country Settings and set the country to the United States.
The first step of troubleshooting should always be to restart the device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.