First you need to find the IP of your router. Please use the appropriate method below and note down the IP of your router.
Find Router IP on Windows
- Open up the program command prompt
- Type “ipconfig” without the quotes and press enter
- The IP address from default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router
Find Router IP on OS X
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Network
- Click Advanced
- Go to TCP/IP – here you will see the routers IP
Change the DNS on the Amazon Fire TV (Wireless)
- Go to settings
2. Select Network
3. Select WI-FI
4. Select your WI-FI network and forget WI-FI network by Pressing the button with 3 lines on it.
5. Press the select button.
6. Select your WI-FI network.
7. Enter your WI-FI password and Click on advanced
8. Enter the first three groups of numbers exactly the same as the IP address of your router. As an example, if your router IP is 192.168.0.1, then use the IP address 192.168.0.7 or something to that nature. The important part is to change the last digit so you get an IP from the same IP range as the router.
9. For the Default gateway enter the IP of your router
10. Input 24 for the Network Prefix Length and Click Next
11. Enter 184.108.40.206 for DNS 1
12. Enter 220.127.116.11 for DNS 2
Change the DNS on the Amazon Fire TV (Wired)
- Go to Settings
- Select System
- Select Network (wired)
- Select Configure Network
- Enter a valid IP from your home network. Find the IP of your router in the guides above.
- Set prefix length to 24. Press Next.
- Set gateway to the router IP (You can find the correct gateway by following the guides above). Press Next.
- Set DNS 1 to 18.104.22.168 Press Next.
- Set DNS 2 to 22.214.171.124 Press Next.
Other Things You Need
- Make sure you have a 1-click US address in your Amazon Account.
- Also on Amazon.com go to Your Account > Manage Your Content and Devices > Country Settings and set country to United States
First step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.