A Smart TV will have different apps available depending on what market it is sold in. TVS sold outside North America are often unable to switch region to the USA. Some apps are locked down to serial numbers of the TV model, and as this limitation is based on the hardware, it can’t be unlocked.
That said - changing the region to one of the following should provide access to the most popular app on most TVs: USA, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, UK, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.
Please be aware that we do not provide support for region changing. Your TV will be reset to factory standard if you change the region.
- Select TV as the source.
- Press Menu on the remote.
- Select System.
- Select Setup (If you cannot enter Setup, go to Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset).
- Continue the setup – your previous information will be available.
- Press the following sequence on your remote.
- Select the country you wish to receive apps from. Good choices are the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, UK, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.
- Once you have selected the country, let the setup complete.
Important: If you are using a Blu Ray player, you can use the above sequence as well. However, you must press it from the home screen, and there has to be no disc in the player.