Before starting the guide you need to find the IP of your router and find the IP range used by your router for providing IP addresses to connected devices. We need this info to set up the static IP on the Nexus Player. Please see this guide for finding the router IP. You will also be able to see the IP range used for devices.
- Go to Settings
- Select Network
- Select WiFi
- Select the network you are connected to
- Select Advanced Options
- Select IP Settings
- Select Static
- Set IP to a valid IP from your home network.
- Set Gateway to the IP of your router. Please see info in the beginning of this article
- Set Prefix 24
- Set DNS 1 to 22.214.171.124
- Set DNS 2 to 126.96.36.199
- Press next - restart device
First step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.