Before starting the guide, you need to find your router's IP and the IP range it uses to provide IP addresses to connected devices. We need this info to set up the static IP on the Nexus Player. Please see this guide for finding the router IP. You will also be able to see the IP range used for devices.
- Go to Settings
- Select Network
- Select WiFi
- Select the network you are connected to
- Select Advanced Options
- Select IP Settings
- Select Static
- Set IP to a valid IP from your home network.
- Set Gateway to the IP of your router. Please see the info at the beginning of this article.
- Set Prefix 24
- Set DNS 1 to 188.8.131.52
- Set DNS 2 to 184.108.40.206
- Press next - restart the device.
The first step of troubleshooting should always be to restart the device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.