- First open up Windows Explorer and click on Computer and Open Control Panel from the toolbar
- Then click on Network and Internet
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Change adapter settings
- Depending on how your computer is connected to the Internet click either Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection if you are connected via Wi-Fi
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- In the General tab click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the DNS servers in the spaces provided: 184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11
- Make sure Validate settings upon exit is checked (if present)
- Click ok
- Windows Network Diagnostics will start and run for a little while , just let it run
- Once the diagnostics have run click on close
- Restart your computer
First step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.