- First, open up Windows Explorer and click on Computer and Open Control Panel from the toolbar
- Then click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings.
- Depending on how your computer is connected to the Internet click either Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection if you are connected via Wi-Fi.
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- In the General tab click on Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the DNS servers in the spaces provided: 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
- Make sure Validate settings upon exit is checked (if present).
- Click "OK."
- Windows Network Diagnostics will start and run for a little while, just let it run.
- Once the diagnostics have run click on close.
- Restart your computer.
The first step of troubleshooting should always be to restart the device(s) and router. Then check your setup status in your SmartDNS dashboard.